Saturday, May 17, 2014

Let's Learn How to Blog



Normally on a Saturday morning, I usually sleep in until 11:00 AM, then I laze about in my bed for about another 3 hours then finally, I am officially awake. Today was different because at 8:30 AM I attended the ILC tutorial. At this tutorial, we learned many things like what we should expect and what we should bring with us when we are going to Chicago. My personal favorite thing that we learned was how to blog.

Before this I knew that we were required to blog but I wasn't sure how to and I was also afraid of somehow destroying our blog site. At the tutorial, I was put at ease when the mechanics to blogging were explained to us and we were allowed to have some practice. I learned what the correct formatting is and how I should change it if the formatting doesn't come out right. 
The Satisfied Look of Someone Who Can Blog
My biggest fear was uploading a picture onto the actual blog post. For most of my past school assignments, when I tried to insert a picture into the text, I would usually mess up and it would take me far too long to fix it. This fear crept up when we were told pictures helped improve our blog post. I came to the tutorial with an open mind and before I knew it I was able to insert a picture into a blog post without any trouble. I am proud to add that this was done without me freaking out or having to fix any disastrous mistake that I made. 

Aside from feeling accomplished in my learning how to blog properly, I am also confident that with time I will be able to master Photoshop. This way I could improve my pictures by either cropping them, adjusting the brightness, or fixing red eye. Don made it look easy when he showed us how to use it. Hopefully I'll have the same success with it when I begin to use it on my own.

I'm really glad that I attended today's tutorial. This tutorial allowed me to learn things that I didn't know how to do and it also gave me a chance to practice what I learned. This was also a very good chance for me to bond with the others who are going to Chicago with me and get to know them even more. We were able to joke around together and work well so that we could all understand what it is that we were doing. After today, I am even more excited to travel with these wonderful people and share my journey with all of you. 

2 comments:

  1. I’m glad you felt this was a success and that you came away knowing more than when you came in and feel more confident about your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the shirt - go Cardinal! I'm excited to see your photography and blogging skills develop through the summer. Those are skills you can definitely take with you and use throughout your life.

    ReplyDelete