Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Group Project





I woke up this morning, my legs are still sore from the run on Sunday. I didn't want to wake up but I had to. I got ready and went down to the Dining Hall to eat breakfast. I finished eating my breakfast; I started walking to my class. When I got to the building of my class the doors were close so I needed to find another way to get in. There was another door in the side of the building and I went to see if it was open. Lucky I, the side door was open and I was able to get in the building and get to my class. Today Class was short we just needed to do our journal and then Achy let us out to work on the road trip project with our groups. We needed to come back at 3 PM and the project is due before 3 PM.  My group and I came to the South Residence Hall were my room is at. We went to fifth floor to work on our project. It took us about one hour and half to finish our project. It was about to be 12 PM, so I decide to go get lunch because I was getting hungry. Now, the Dining Hall gets fuller because on the weekend two other groups came to the campus. One group was teenagers and the other one were little kids. Before there wasn't any line to get inside the Dining Hall and now there’s one. I got there before the line was starting to get bigger.

The entrance of the gym
When I was finished eating I went up to my room and started working on the first assignment Pamela left me. It was to correct the assignment of the last book I read. When I was finish with that, I went to the gym to go clear my mind out. I work out from 1:30 PM to 2:25 PM. It felt good being away from work and just have time to myself and doing something I like to do. I had a sweater on, so I decided to go to my room to change because it was getting hot. I walk with a fast pace to my room, so I wouldn't be late to my class. I made it to my room and changed real fast to a T-shirt. I started walking to my class and got there on time. We started talking about our project and who was our character POV and their desires. Then Achy asked the class, what if the character desires never happens and they end up losing everything they have ever want, what would be the worst scenario, how would they react? Achy then gave us another assignment, to revise another group story and give them comments about it. Then, she let us out at 3:20 PM.

A beautiful building I saw when I was walking  back to my room
At 4 PM I went to meet up with Pamela, my tutor, she showed me ways I can organize my writing. One way is chronological, time, kind of like a recipe, it tells you want come first and what comes next. It needs to be in order by time, date, season, months, years and the list keeps on going. Next, is more direct, meaning you labeling or give it a title, such as, books are characterized by chapters and sometimes the chapter have names and their names means that’s what the author is going to talk about. The last one is evaluating, meaning you give your ideas and your own opinion. This benefit me because I kind of getting the idea of what she was talking about and it gave me a sense of structure on  how a story can be writing.
On our way to meet Alie for our deep dish.


Then, at 6 PM, my friends (cohorts) and I we were going to meet up with Alie for a deep dish at Gino’s East Pizzeria. Alie wanted to know how class is going what we have learned and if we ever need help to email her or give her a call. Oyin, Vicky and I picked the Chicago Fire pizza because I love spicy food and they like it too, but not a lot.




Foosball Table
Then, we came back to the campus and my friends and I decided to play Foosball before we start working on our homework. We played for at least half an hour. We were all having fun and everyone played at least two times. Then, we started working on our homework and that’s how we ended our night. 
















Group Study

No comments:

Post a Comment