Monday, June 2, 2014

The Orientation

As the date for our departure becomes sooner and sooner, we are learning many more details about our trip and all of the specifics. When I arrived at Pinole Middle School and sat down, I looked at all of the objects we might need to take with us on our trip and that the ILC offered to let us borrow. These objects included cameras, card readers, umbrellas and mini fans (for the unpredictable east coast summer weather), and much more. 

Once all the students split up into their cohorts, we all went into separate classrooms to talk about our specific trips. Now I have an idea of where I will be and what I will be doing each day during the first week of my trip. The first week is the week we visit colleges all over the east coast. First we will go to Washington University, then Georgetown, UPenn, and lastly Northwestern. This will all be within the time span of four days. We will be very busy from the get go, and will try to spend as much time as possible exploring the city we are in and taking in the environment in the short time we have there. 

After we learned about our schedule, we went over some basic rules with both my chaperone, Alie, and Don. The meeting was very efficient and effective. I now have a much better idea of where I will be when, and other traveling arrangements. 

I am so excited to start the trip, but I have to wait a little more than a month, although I am sure July 7th will be here before I know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment